1099-MISC Income

If you are an independent contractor or self-employed you should receive a 1099-MISC from every client who pays you $600 or more during the year. You'll receive the forms by the end of January. Even if you earned less than $600, you still should report any gross income earned on your income tax return. The income [...]

Business Owner Year-end Checklist

Even though tax preparation season doesn't start until January or February, tax planning season is well under way.  If you are a business owner, there are a couple items that need to be completed before December 31. Health Insurance W-2 Reporting If you are an S Corporation owner, and if your S Corporation provides and pays for your [...]

December 14, 2016|Businesses, Tax Advice|

2016 Client Survey Results

A few months ago, we asked some of our business clients to participate in a client survey.  We wanted to look for ways to improve our business, to improve the services we offer to our clients and to hear what our clients are thinking. To our clients who participated in the survey, THANK YOU! We [...]

All About Charitable Contributions

What do Goodwill donations and cash contributions to your favorite non-profit organization have in common? Both transactions can help you save money on your federal tax return! When you receive our Individual Tax Organizer in January, there is a page dedicated to your cash and non-cash contributions. We ask you to provide us with information [...]

Go to Top